It's time to make plans for the next Reunion, May 18-19, 2018. We'll be in a familiar place -- Kennesaw, Ga., site of the 2010 Reunion. We again will meet at the historic NC&StL depot, across the street from the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, home of the Civil War engine "General." Registration is to start around 3:00 Friday, so everyone has a chance to visit the museum. This year, we'll take a field trip Saturday to visit the recently restored locomotive "Texas" at its new home in the Atlanta History Center. (Members can see a write up regarding the "Texas" in the Dixie Flyer, Summer 2017.)
Our Reunion hotel is the Kennesaw Inn, 3375 Busbee Drive NW, Kennesaw GA 30144, (770) 424-7666. It's the same hotel as in 2010, only now it's no longer a Best Western, but an independent. We have reserved a bloc of rooms for two nights, May 18 and 19, at a special Reunion 2018 rate of $79 a night, double. Call to make your reservation soon! The number of rooms is limited, and you must call no later than May 3, 2018, to qualify for the $79 rate. Be sure to say you're with the Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Ry. Preservation Society. NOTE:
Some rooms have doorways to adjoining rooms and can be combined to create a suite; some have microwaves and refrigerators. If you want one of these rooms, ask when you make your reservation. Also, you'll automatically be assigned to a non-smoking room unless you say otherwise. Cancellations are allowed without penalty by 4 p.m. local hotel time up to three days prior to arrival.
Registration Price includes BBQ Friday evening, all museum admissions, and Dinner Saturday evening. Saturday lunch is on your own.
- $70 - NCPS Member
- $70 - Member Spouse
- $85 - Non-member (but if you add $20 membership, you can register at the $70 level)
- $10 - Late fee after May 1
- 3-5 p.m. Registration, Meet & Greet and Set-Up at Southern Museum, 2829 Cherokee St., Kennesaw.
- 5 pm: Barbecue Dinner at Southern Museum
- 6-9:30 p.m. Friday Evening Program at Southern Museum.
- 7-9 a.m. Complimentary Breakfast at Kennesaw Inn.
- 9 a.m. Carpools Depart for Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta.
- 10 a.m. Tour and visit with Texas; spouses’ activities also at Atlanta History Center.
- Noon. Lunch on your own
- 1-3 p.m. Free time at Atlanta History Center.
- 3 p.m. Carpools depart for Kennesaw Inn.
- 5 p.m. Reunion Banquet at Trackside Grill, 2840 S. Main St., Kennesaw
(please be sure to make your menu selections on the reverse side of the registration form).
- 6 p.m. Business meeting, election of 2018-21 officers, Saturday evening program at Southern Museum.
Ladies Activities: (Saturday)